The Gabfire Widget Pack plugin contains 12 useful widgets to extend your WordPress site. It is a FREE plugin that will work with any theme, not just a Gabfire theme.
What’s Inside the Gabfire Widget Pack?
The Gabfire Widget Pack contains 12 awesome widgets:
- About Me
- Archive Search
- Flickr Images
- Social Icons
- Post Tabs
- Author Badge
- Feedburner Email Subscribe
- Related Posts
- Social Sharing
- Gabfire Text+ Widget
- Random, Recent, or Popular Posts
For more details on each of the widgets, click here.
Why a Plugin?
There are several reasons why we released the Gabfire Widget Pack plugin. Here are a few:
1) Contribute to the WP Community – Some of our widgets are quite popular, and we received several emails asking for the code. So rather than limit them to only the Gabfire community, we decided to package our most common widgets into a plugin that could be used by the entire WordPress community.
2) Give End-User Control – Our themes are quite robust in features and options. We found that some users took advantage of the various widgets, however some did not. Therefore, in an effort to allow the end user to decide which widgets they wanted on their site, moving the widgets into a plugin made more sense. Now, you can decide which widget to enable or disable on your site, and users can take advantage of them on any theme.
3) Less is More – There are plenty of plugins and widgets available through WordPress. Depending on your needs, some may be relevant and useful, whereas some are just extra bloat on your site. By transferring the widgets into a free plugin, our themes are lighter out-of-the-box.
Where do I download plugin?
Similar to any other WordPress plugin, you can grab the Gabfire Widget Pack plugin from the WordPress Plugin repository. Try it out. If you like it, give it a rating on the repository to let more people know about it. If you have any questions related to it, feel free to post a comment below.