Language Translations and .po .mo Files
All Gabfire Themes are able to be translated into any language. The process of translating the theme is a user responsibility.
The following instructions are given as guidance.
Open wp-config.php and replace this:
define ('WPLANG', '');
with this (subsitute the language string (bg_BG) with your own!):
define ('WPLANG', 'bg_BG');
- Download and install POEDIT
- Connect to your site -> open your theme/inc/lang directory
- Download one of .po files and open it with POEDIT.
- Translate file and save it as bg_BG (the file name must match with the string you inserted into wp-config.php)
- Two files will be generated after save. bg_BG.po and bg_BG.mo
- Upload the .mo and .po files into wp-content/themes/your-theme/lang folder
After that you are good to go.
Please note that we use multiple domains within our themes and CodeStyling Localization plugin will not work fine for translation. Some strings such as Read More, Comment, Home ... etc wont be translated if you decide to use CodeStyling Localization plugin for translation.
Notes & References
- Your WordPress installation should be in the language you intend on using the site.
- CONTRIBUTE: In some cases, Gabfire community members provide translation files to us in various languages so that we include/share them with other users from the same country. We truly appreciate such translation files, so please feel free to post or send us the .mo and .po files for your language.
- Reference: WordPress in Your Language